Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Devil In Us- Shopaholicism

How many of us that really can control ourselves during shopping. As for me, there are times I can and can't (Oh, forgive me god as I have sinned!).

I might being over analytical about this, but I have been watching too much of National Geographic, ret Discovery Science and Discovery Channel lately. And lately quite a lot of DNAs and brainy stuffs that made me think about businesses, marketing, retailing and stuffs.

As in my previous post about psychographic, it merely happened to many of us. From my observation in Bukit Bintang retail area (another mall-ing effect like I wrote previously) last week;

1. A good window display plays quite a significant role in attracting window shoppers to enter premise.

2. By increasing visitors, they can increase chances of getting things sold better. By increasing traffic too will increase curiosity from passer-bys.

3. A good merchandising will increase the overall sale of a retail business.

4. A good display of which good to be highlighted will definitely increase the possibility of impulse buying/psychographic effect.

5. A good premise layout will definitely optimize the retail area. Definitely.

Qs;
1. Apa yang mencetuskan belian impuls? Ego? Rasa berkuasa? Coolness? Trendy? But I do believe that I can put the blame entirely on the psychological factors.

* The summarization above is in general focusing on middle-to lower income retailing in malls in urban areas.

I think next time I am gonna go for another trip to;
+ Secondary/small township area/s
+ Pasar malams

No comments: