Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Revisiting at our As we have collected.. Does it bring any good to us?

Recently, I went to my high school alumni dinner. Lots of VIPs, and even VVIPs. Last years dinner, the Sultan of Selangor even mencemar duli, came for dinner.

Having such opportunity to study at that particular school somehow made me proud. But, not anymore when somebody spoils all the fun by bragging and showing off stuffs, while at the same time, choosing associates. Keji!


What is great about of having a RM0.5M house at the age of 28 and brag to everyone about it? Whats in that Ferrari the you bought, together with a Porsche Cheyenne, and a Beemer X6 that can make you look down on other people?


Resam padi, makin berisi, makin tunduk!


I left the party with a battered ego, together with mixed emotions of hatred, frustration, pissed and surprisingly thrilled (its one helluva reunion, btw! catching up activities, some info exchange and GOSSIPS!).

That feeling lingered for several days, until God himself shows his warm love and kind attention to me. He send his signal.

This morning, as I was on my way to work, I saw that same old but poor lady living a hard life. The same ol'lady who shed for years under the flyover in Wangsa Melawati...

I saw her just finished doing her laundry. I saw her torn and old clothes hanging on the parking rail. I saw her hungry face.. I feel sad for her.. and I can feel her loneliness. I never saw if she had a husband or kids.

It also remind me of that Bandung kid during my trip there a year ago. He about 8-10 (at most) when he already experienced the bitterness in life. Barefooted, he carrying a couple of "lesung batu" on his shoulder. Earlier, I saw several boys selling "lesung batu" at traffic lights at 8am. I remembered, it was almost 10pm, raining, when he was stopped by a parking guard. Shivering, drenched, tired, hungry and bad luck, he was "pau-ed" his hard earned money by that cold hearted bastard.


If you think your life is hard, they suffered worst.
If you think that you are so damn-hell-better than others, take a good look around you.



Astaghfirullah... Alhamdullilah.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

a very heart-shattering entry.

kadang-kadang manusia lupa tanah bila kepala tu dah lama sangat dalam awan.

Anonymous said...

kadang-kadang manusia akan lupakan tanah, walaupon mmg kat tanah lagi...

zain aziz said...

Shaza: heart shattering, meh? mana der?

Amomynous: ... I have learnt biology, some biological processes are very unique and interesting. But, learning economics are much easier than learning about human. That why I am never interested in psychology.